A Christian Charity

Charity No: 1161716                                              Contact: Clerk to the Trustees
Address: PO Box 607, Guildford, GU2 8WR                                    
Tel: 05603870633
                                                        (charged at local call rates)         


Area covered - The Administrative County of Surrey which means that the property in which the person lives is within the County of Surrey. Any person living in the old borough boundary of Guildford should apply to Poyle Charity for help.

Who We Support
John Beane's charity makes two types of grant.
The first is Crisis grants to families, unable to afford for example, white goods, carpeting for children's bedrooms, school uniform etc. The grant application is attached below as a PDF, this can be printed and sent by post for Trustee consideration. All applications must be sponsored by either another charity or one of the following, CAB, Doctor, Surrey County Council, Local Council, Sure Start Centre, School or other organisation.
A list of items for which grants will not be given can be seen in the attached PDF below, this is not an exhaustive list.


The second is grants to URC Churches for capital projects 10% of final cost or £20,000 whichever is the lower. These must be applied for by post or email showing the detail of the project for consideration by the trustees.

The Charity also gives grants to URC Churches to assist with the employment costs of family and youth workers being employed by the Churches (PDF below for printing to be sent to the address shown). Grants may also be given to Churches organising Holiday at Home for adults or Holiday Clubs for children providing on average 20 people attended then £100 per day would be paid up to 10 days in a year per Church.


John Beane's Charity values the work carried out by volunteers and employees of other charities providing safety services on the streets of many towns during the busy evening, for this they are currently able to offer a grant of £10 per employee or volunteer per year. This must be claimed yearly in arrears via the Clerk to the Trustees.